Store Them Properly
Protect the Lining
Do not leave cosmetics and liquids scattered about in your handbag, always use a pouch to store them. This will protect the handbag lining from spills and keep you organised. Avoid storing click pens at all cost, opting for pens with caps instead. Better yet, put those in your pouch too, in case of dreaded ink leaks.
Remove Stains the Right Way
The first step is to know what type of stain you’re dealing with, as that will dictate the removal method e.g stain removal on leather will be different from that of canvas. Take care not to wipe on any areas other than the affected part, otherwise you could spread the discoloration elsewhere.
Practice Routine Maintenance
- Always Keep your bag out of direct sunlight.
- Rotate which handbag you carry regularly so that they don’t wear out too quickly.
- Avoid handling your bag if your hands are dirty or have lotion or cream on them.
- Regular use of a leather moisturizer will keep the leather supple and free of cracks.
- Wipe your bag down on a weekly basis (when in use) with a soft cloth.